Appendicitis can be treated with the help of appendicitis home remedies. By following home remedies for appendicitis, you should be able to relieve pain and inflammation of the appendix.
Appendicitis is an inflammation of the appendix, a narrow finger-like pouch attached to the large intestine which is located at the lower right portion of the abdomen. Appendicitis results when the appendix becomes infected, inflamed, or blocked. Inflammation of the appendix presents itself in acute and chronic forms and affects both the sexes equally.
Symptoms of Appendicitis
• Appendicitis usually begin with a sudden pain in the center of the abdomen, which gradually shifts to the lower right side
• The next symptoms that occur in acute appendicitis are loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting
• Inflammation of lymph nodes near the appendix
• Digestive problems such as constipation and diarrhea
• Tightening of the muscles of the right side of the abdomen
• The pain intensifies and worsens when moving, taking deep breaths, coughing, or sneezing
• A low-grade fever that follows other symptoms
Home Remedies for Appendicitis
Appendicitis is most often treated with a combination of surgery and antibiotics. However, if detected at an early stage, appendicitis can be treated with the help of appendicitis home remedies.
1. Green gram is one of the most trusted home remedies for appendicitis. Appendicitis can be effectively treated with a dosage of 1 tablespoon of green gram consumed thrice daily.
2. Garlic is an effective remedy to cure appendicitis. It also helps in reducing the swollen appendix.
3. Cucumber and beet juices each 100 ml in 300ml of carrot juice consumed twice in a day is highly beneficial as a remedy for appendicitis.
4. For pain relief you can tie a wet sheet and a dry flannel cloth on it tightly on the abdomen.
5. Drinking plenty of water throughout the day is essential for a healthy appendix.
6. Consuming whole wheat including wheat bran and wheat germ is one of the effective home remedies for appendicitis. Whole wheat is good for the entire digestive system.
7. In case, the appendicitis patient suffers from fever, a decoction of the basil leaves can be given.
8. A mixture of ginger and turmeric can be consumed to ease the pain and inflammation of the appendix.
9. Prevent appendicitis by drinking tea made from fenugreek seeds regularly, as it prevents the accumulation of intestinal waste and excess mucus.
10. In case the vomiting does not stop, the use of ginger is a good option. You can take it in the juice form or have pieces of raw ginger. You can also sprinkle rock salt over the ginger pieces.
11. Chronic appendicitis can also be treated by consuming a liter of buttermilk daily. It is very effective in preventing the bacterial growth in the appendix.
12. Ginseng herb is also one of the most valuable home remedies to cure appendicitis. Drink a cup of ginseng tea twice daily, as it helps in curing the pain and inflammation of the appendix.
13. Avoid the existence of constipation, as it may lead to further inflammation of the appendix. High fiber diet full of fresh fruits and green leafy vegetables is the best way to avoid this condition.
14. To prevent indigestion during appendicitis, honey and lemon juice in equal quantities can be taken.
15. Mint also helps to relieve the pain due to appendicitis. Every 3 to 4 hours drink water with 2 to 3 drops of mint essence in it.
Appendicitis is something that can cause a great deal of damage to your body. By following some of the above home remedies for appendicitis, you should be able to relieve pain and inflammation of the appendix. However, if all these remedies are not making you to get relieved then you may go for surgical removal appendix with doctor’s advice.